Friday, July 4, 2008

Finally Here!!

After only 4 hours and 2 pushes, lucy finally arrived. She came out screaming, letting us know that she was ready to take her place in the world.
She was 6 lbs 15 onces; smaller than her older brother logan by a whole pound.
In this picture, she looked almost identical to Logan.

Finally, after what seemed like decades and more than a million unnecessary painful medical procedures, Lucy was in my arms. Well actually they stuck her in my shirt because she was a little cold. It was one of my favorite memories of the whole experience. The moment I met my daughter is one that I won't soon forget. I can't really describe it, but having her perfectly innocent little spirit so close to mine, made me feel like Heaven was a lot closer that day.
This was our first family picture together, minus Logan, he didn't come until later that night.
Jon was in love with this little girl from the git go, but as you can see the whole labor process tired him right out. You know, as much as I want to tease him, it really is taxing on the dad's to, just not in the same way. He's a great daddy, it's fun to see him interact with his little girl. He's a lot softer with her than he was with logan. And Jon wasn't the only one exited to meet Lucy. Mammu Callahan was one of the first to get to meet her.
This is my best friend Andrea, she is about 5 or 6 months pregnant in this picture. I love her smile, she'll make a great momma. She was such a huge help to me during and after my pregnancy, I'm not quite sure if I could have done it without her. Thanks Bumb

1 comment:

Sarah Pittard said...

oh, she's so precious!! WAY TO GO JONATHAN AND AUTUMN IN THE BABY MAKING BUSINESS!!!