Saturday, April 2, 2011

Layla and Lucy's Cute Pink LAMP

I need to write on my blog more so that I can get better at getting the pictures and writing in the exact place that I want them! ANYWAY!!!!!!!!
I have had so much fun decorating Layla and Lucy's Room! I am not by any means a girly girl, but for some reason decorating in pink has been so appealing to me. I needed a lamp and didn't want to spend a ton of money on one so I bought an old lamp for $4 at the DI, recovered it and added a bunch of fabric flowers and this is what I came up with! I absolutely love it. It is feminine in every possible way. I did end up spending $10 on fabric (because I didn't want to wait for a sale) but I have a ton left over for other jobs and a $14 lamp is by no means a splurge... PLUSSSSSS I got exactly what I wanted!
These are the fabric Flowers. You basically just cut strips of fabric out and twist them around and hot glue it in a circle. Just youtube how to make fabric flowers, and you'll get like a million tutorials. So cute though.
And this is how the lamp looked before I covered it... YUCK, but it had sooo much potential. I did this project in the time it took me to watch the saturday sessions of General Conference. It was pretty mindless so I could still even listen to the talks and actually take away a message! Sorry the picture is sideways. Once again, I'm not yet super bloggy. Maybe my next couple posts will be a little more put together! Let me know if you think I can add anything to the lamp. Ewe, maybe I can add little chandelier style beads to the bottom. I can't wait to get the whole room done.....

2 comments:

Meyer Family said...

Good job lady! It looks great. I like your idea about adding some trim, but it looks great if you can't find something.

Hannah said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! SO cute and creative!