Friday, January 29, 2010

Perfection?

I caught myself telling my sister-in-law the other day how "vomiticious" it made me feel to read blogs about "how wonderful everybody's husbands are, and how their kids are so perfect." I mean, can they really be that perfect? Do your days really go that un-flawed? I could just feel the envy ooze out of my judgmental pours. It was this fairly hideous feeling that forced me into unwanted reflection. How could I feel this way? My life is filled with more blessing and more happiness than one could ever dream of, but certainly, my life is not perfect. Then it came to me, I was being silly. These people's lives aren't perfect either, their husbands do have flaws, but what makes them a uniquely gracious people is that they simply choose not to focus on the negative. They have chosen to focus on the good, and reward it by saying beautiful things about those wonderful simple moments. I GET IT.... From the bottom of my heart... I GET IT.... Oh how I wish I caught on quicker.

Anyway, it is my hope that my blog can be more uplifting towards my family, especially my amazing husband! Also, I need to thank all those bloggers who have served as such a great example on how to show appreciation to the most important people in our lives. I'm sorry I ever underestimated your sincerity.

I guess Goethe said it best when he said " Who is the happiest of man? He who values the merits of others and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though it was his own."

So to that, I am happy that in such and imperfect world, you have such remarkably perfect moments. It will be my greatest pleasure to share with you some of mine.
Autumn

2 comments:

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

U go girl! That's great and I felt the same way as you did but I guess you're right!!!! They are not perfect, they just share their perfect moments! That's a really good way to look at it. I always feel I don't compare to them but you never know what others truly think of you. Your family's great :o) Happy weekend. P.S. I'm so glad we shared eachothers blogs!!!!

Giselle said...

You're right! Such a good post!